We formed and started as AAA Roofing Company Inc.
, in 1923. The name was obtained by permission from the AAA Invincible Roof Manufacturing Company, who made roll roofing. Dillard Cox, the stepfather of Bob Huntington, was the original owner. Nothing other than shingles and roll roofing were applied up through World War II. In the 1950s, our attention moved from small-scale to commercial roof work
. Dillard was a smart man who continued to grow the company, and soon introduced his stepson, Bob Huntington, to the business.
Bob began his work at the tender age of 12, when the company was located at 948 Fort Wayne Ave. in a small office warehouse. Eventually, the company moved to 510 W. Pearl St. behind the still-famous John's Hot Stew. After several years, the city needed the land and we were forced to move again. We then moved to 630 W. Market St., just down the street from the Statehouse and the Acme Evans flour mill. This is when the company moved over to the hands of Bob. In 1967, for the first time, we owned our own property. This happened with the purchase of 910 N. Highland Ave., where we still reside to this day.